Electrical rewires can be a time consuming and expensive product. With Trade Facilities Services; we try to not make this the case. All our engineers are qualified; and registered. We have provided some research below for you;
What Is A House Rewire?
A electrical rewire; replaces some or all of the electrical wiring. this includes its accessories which can be lights; switches; sockets; and the Fuse board in a property
How Often should a electrical Rewire Be Done?
There is no specific answer; that’s why we suggest having a electrical inspection done on the property before considering a full rewire. Below is a guideline:
- The average electrical rewire is said to be about every 25 years; although some houses have not been done for a lot longer.
- A specific problem to the electrics will not generally require a full rewire.
- Only when you have out of date types of wiring; for instance rubber insulated wiring. Rubber insulated wiring shows the wiring is old and not been used in the UK since the early 60’s.
- When a series of common problems keep occurring; which shows a fault to the system. These include constantly tripping RCD’s and fuses blowing.
- An electrical installation test is unsatisfactory; and says that a rewire is needed. Electricians can carry out an inspection of a house to assess the state of the wiring; if the inspection fails a rewire may be needed.